Grid for iPad is the all-in-one AAC tool with content for everyone – with resources and communication tools and innovated for all ages and levels of literacy.
It is easy to use, easy to edit, and easy to make your own.
Grid for iPad is designed for people with conditions such as:
- ► Autism
- ► Cerebral palsy
- ► Down’s syndrome
- ► Learning difficulties
- ► ALS / MND
- ► Stroke / aphasia
Grid for iPad benefits:
- ► A suite of research-based AAC resources, professionally developed using years of experience and insight from registered speech and language therapists.
- ► Online Grids – our popular resource store enhances functionality even further by offering FREE downloads of customised grids and tools, built by expert clinicians and the passionate Grid for iPad community.
- ► Fast and intuitive in-app editing – make the app yours, and put quick phrases, custom vocabulary and easy communication right at your fingertips.
- ► Remote Editing – instant and complete control of connected iPads, e.g. for use in classroom environments, to enable individualised treatment programmes.
- ► SymbolStix, PCS and Widgit symbols included – use familiar symbols for a seamless, worry-free transition to Grid for iPad.
- ► Available in over 20 languages – Grid for iPad was created to provide access to communication for as many people as possible.
- Powerful communication resources include:
- ► Super Core - Research-based core vocabulary designed for children starting out with AAC. Two sizes (30 cell and 50 cell), and learning grids.
- ► Alpha Core - Offering a range of ways to help you communicate as your physical abilities change – with quick access to predictive text and common phrases, alongside a keyboard of your choice.
- ► Text Talker - Instant communication for literate users. Smart prediction and message recall make conversation flow.
- ► Message Banking – Use recordings of your own voice in everyday conversation!
- ► Built-in Amazon Echo grid set – If you have an Amazon Echo, control it through Grid for iPad to give instructions to your smart home devices, listen to (almost) any song you can think of, hear the latest news and weather, play games, ask questions – even ask Alexa to sing you a sea shanty!
- ► PODD (in-app purchase) - The PODD grid sets organise language according to the reasons we communicate, and are based on the popular PODD communication books.
- ► And MUCH more - Grid for iPad also includes a range of accessible apps, interactive learning activities (just try Dilbert the Dog!) and symbol vocabularies.